What is a pediatric doctor?
A pediatric doctor is a medical doctor that manages the physical, behavioral, and mental care of children. A pediatric doctor is trained to diagnose and treat a broad range of childhood illnesses, from minor health problems to serious diseases.
Choosing a pediatric doctor
Choosing a pediatric doctor is an important part of your child’s health care. There are several factors to consider, such as training and experience, as well as the office location, hours, and routines.
Finding a good pediatric doctor may seem like a daunting task but you need to begin as soon as possible. Here are a few things listed by pediatrics in North Bergen, New Jersey to consider when choosing a pediatric doctor:
- Is the clinic near your home?
- How long does it take to get there during rush hours?
- Does the pediatric doctor practice in other locations suitable for you?
- Does the practice have more than one office?
- Are the same pediatric doctors at the same offices most of the time?
- What are the operating hours?
- Are there any weekend and/or evening hours?
- How do you make an appointment?
- How long does it take to get a well-child appointment?
- How long does it take to get a sick-child appointment?
- Is there a separate waiting area for sick children?
- What about payments and billing?
- Do the office staff seem friendly and interested in children?
The Pediatric Doctor
- Ask the doctor about his training and experience.
- Does he/she have a specialty or area of interest?
- Is he board-certified; and, if yes, is he re-certified recently?
- Will your child see the same doctor at every visit?
- Ask about the doctor’s opinion about immunization and use of medications, particularly antibiotics and over-the-counter medications?
- Is the doctor available if the child gets sick during the night or on weekends?
Garden State Medical Group is your answer to “best primary care physicians in Bergen County, New Jersey”. We know the kind of results that you can get when you search “pediatrics near me” and we want you to have a better quality of care than a random search can result in. We want to be a resource for you and your family. To learn more, contact Garden State Medical Group today at www.gardenstatemedicalgroup.com, 201-453-2800